Friday, March 26

running for the greater glory of God

so ive been running for track for four weeks now. and im pretty tired. ive been improving, but it is still a lot of hard work. at the beginning of the season i considered not joining the team because of the amount of work involved. but i decided i would be glad later if i did run. and i am. but it got me thinking what the purpose is of sports. or any activity where you practice everyday to get better at it (so this includes school too). the immediate benefit for me with running is that it keeps me healthy. it also gives me a sense of achievement. like after a hard workout, ill be so tired, but ill feel so good. the endorphins i guess (another definite plus). ill feel that ive conquered the workout, like a mini mount everest. it is something that i have done that has made me stronger. it has become part of my foundation, and from that new height, i can reach for the next goal. to improve myself more. is that the goal of all of this? i suppose. to develop ourselves to our full potential. to completely utilize and appreciate God's gifts to us. by this, my running can be a spiritual exercise. to improve myself in order to better glorify God, to better serve God. but this is only my human effort to improve myself. in order to fully glorify God, i need to allow God to work in me and through me. sports are great to improve yourself so far as you can do on your own, but to reach your full potential as a human, you must rely on the supernatural. so i guess im just trying to realize that sports, while great, can not be used to reach the goal but can only be a supplement. while i must continue to work to improve myself, i must go beyond that and let God take a turn at directing my life. it sounds simple enough. but ive already talked about my difficulties in doing that. so this is just another blog with the same ending. i think God might be trying to talk to me through my writing. i need to let God lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment