Tuesday, March 22

My precious internets

I finally switched to Mozilla's Firefox. I attempted to do so several times but promptly fell back into my IE ways , feeling attached to my Google toolbar (which is not yet compatible with firefox). But with a little exploring, I found my precious bar (not the official version) and so much more. It is so customizable. I'm so happy.

So now I'm free from the monopolistic internet explorer.

Firefox, Google, Blogger, Wikipedia: view, search, write, learn. It's all right there, the best of the internet, as I have experienced thus far. And all are free and/or open source. I'm still learning all I can do with Firefox. Google: where do I start? I already mentioned the toolbar. Then there's Google desktop, in which the contents of your hard drive become easily searchable, including instant message conversations. And Picasa2, which allows you to organize and manipulate your digital pictures so easily (including uploading them to blogger with Hello). And my wonderful gmail. And of course, blogger is part of Google now. There's also the photoblog I just started, but now that I think about it, it's rather redundant, since I could just start a photoblog with Blogger. In fact, I think I will. Wikipedia is a really rad and idealistic concept that has actually worked. Most of the time, I actually use Answers, which uses Wikipedia content in its search results, when I want to learn about something.

Obviously, all of this is still done with a Windows computer. It's so ingrained in my habits by now. However, I've used macs at school all the time. Maybe I'll make the switch eventually. We shall see. Of course, none of this matters to you. But I told you anyway.

And now I have created a photoblog with Blogger. I put more photos on this one (at least one of every kid at the center), so go see it. Only the first ten pictures are on the main page, so you'll have to click on the March archive to see 'em all. I've since realized that the benefit of buzznet is the organization allowed, but that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment