Wednesday, June 1

Life really is unbelievably, incredibly good.

Work has been better. The two days that I worked this week (monday off, and thursday and friday orienting myself for college), I was at the same house, but with only 3 other people. And they are less abrasive people (there is a cuss word only every 30 words, or so). So it's been mostly quiet and good. Today, I met Bill for the first time. He had taken a leave of absense to care for his very sick wife, but he had to come back to work because they were starving. It is quite a dire situation. I feel like giving him my pitiful paycheck. He is a very nice guy. And he hit the nail on the head, talking about the absent co-workers: they only care about themselves. Well, he also called them retarded half a dozen times. But he is really nice, and I have hope of liking some of my co-workers. Not all of them are racist, sexist, macho, dope heads.

I am learning valuable skills. Like hanging drywall. And taping, and sanding, and retaping, and resanding. My whole day today was sanding walls and ceilings. I don't know about my arms, but my back is definitly bulking up some already. I need to go shopping for fattening food.

And my evenings have been absolutely glorious. Filled with friends and laughter and closeness. We went to the Shakespeare festival tonight to see the Tempest. I plan to go multiple times with different people. Free things are wonderful. Coffee at Mokabe's is also wonderful, if not free.

I love you. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment