Friday, February 17

I met Devin a few days ago, online. He had found this blog through Hobopoet, which he found through Anthropik, so he decided that since we read the same websites, it might be fun to start a conversation. Plus, he is also seriously considering a move (more substantial than my introductory visit) to Dancing Rabbit. It has been great for me to talk directly with someone who is in very nearly the same situation as me, except being several months farther along. He is working on putting together his story thus far in the form of a book. The themes that would be present in that book, his basic principles of thought, can be found here.

I'd also like to point people to new contributions to past discussions, since they would otherwise likely go unnoticed, such as here and earlier here and way back here. And of course, he has also contributed his two cents to more recent posts, which I won't bother to link to. I just wanted to publically say thanks to Devin for joining the conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I don't know whether to be embarrassed or pleased, so I'll be both.

    "It has been great for me to talk directly with someone who is in very nearly the same situation as me, except being several months farther along."

    That's unilineal thinking, not multilineal -- You're on your own path! And try as I might, I don't see how I could be farther along than you on your own path. :D

    - Devin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I was subconsciously foreseeing that our paths might run more parallel in the future. At any rate, of course, my thinking is skewed to perceive things unilinearly as long as I continue to subject myself to the doctrine of schools...

    ReplyDelete