Monday, September 19

I'm nineteen!

The date memorializing my spectacular entrance into this world passed us by last friday. I had a great weekend (which, by necessity, means that very little homework got done). Crown Candy (with the consumption of two very large chocolate shakes (and much moaning afterwards)), The Aristocrats, the St. Louis Art Museum (where I got two new buttons for my backpack: "I think, therefore I'm dangerous" and "Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people doing it"), Left Bank Books, Shakespeare in the park, Hartford Coffee Company (with the Hartford Hootenanny providing live music), my first Quaker meeting, and of course, partytime with gifts and cake. Oh, and much bike riding inbetween.

My mom got me the best card. I shall replicate it here (most probably quite illegally):

Cover:
"I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don't have to." -Albert Einstein

Inside:
Or anything else for that matter. Happy Birthday!

Both my dad and my roommate got me corrective worldview maps (so now the words are still readable!).

For the least consequential birthday I have yet experienced (apparently, now I can drink legally in Canada), it turned out to be a pretty good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment