Saturday, December 11

Building community

My friend, Sara, found a booklet at Hartford Coffee Co. of local businesses. I had mentioned a goal of shopping only at small businesses a while ago, so this booklet is immensely helpful. I invite you to check it out for yourself.

I would also encourage you to listen to/support our community radio station, 88.1 KDHX. I enjoy it. If it weren't for that, the oldies, and occasionally npr, I would never listen to the radio. It has broadened my musical horizons.

I've finally started looking into bus and Metrolink routes. It'll be more complex than I expected but still definitely worth it. Not only will I not be driving a car, but I will be sitting with my fellow St. Louisans, at least presenting the opportunity for me to talk to them. Cars are very isolating devices. No one waves or says hi or even looks at each other when they're driving. Of course I occasionally do all of these things, but it would be nice to have someone return the favor, as can be done on a bus or train.

No comments:

Post a Comment