Saturday, December 25

Constantly learning

I am constantly learning. I feel that I have experienced so much, have been exposed to so many new ideas in a very short amount of time. It is confusing, scary, exciting, and even peaceful all at the same time. This blog is a great way to see how much I have changed, just over the course of (not even) a year. As I take new things in, I have to evaluate them in my search for truth. When something makes sense and seems to fit with what I have experienced and what I believe, I am willing to adapt and change my own perception of the world through the new thing I have experienced. The things that I have talked about in my last few posts still seem very radical and extreme to me, but they also do make sense to me. I realize that in taking an extreme position on a subject, I have the responsibility of pushing someone else to the opposite extreme. I hope that I do not do that. Many things that I talk about in my blog, sadly, are only in the theory stage; that is, I have yet to put these things into practice. It is an aspect of my introvertedness. I do not wish to use this as an excuse, but I am most inclined to reflect on things before I do them. I just need to make sure that I actually do them. I suppose that is my Christmas resolution (no new year's resolutions for me). I will try to approach these things like I would my school work, with some degree of diligence and a feeling of responsibility. I don't want to be preoccupied with ideologies but rather living out convictions in the present moment. But I am still constantly learning and reevaluating those new things I have experienced and incorporated into my "philosophy." I just read a website today about a vegan who realized the importance and naturalness of eating wild meat, choosing to basically adopt the diet of a gatherer-hunter in place of vegan (although that diet is still 85% vegan). Observing this new perspective, I do see that it seems to make sense (to a greater degree than a vegetarian or vegan diet, and of course, more sense than the normal american diet of high fat, low fiber "food"). Of course it is not practical for me to assume a gatherer-hunter's diet at this time in my current urban environment, but I do look forward to moving in that direction (away from all processed foods), however slowly. And to move in the right direction with every other thing I've talked about, which will eventually mean that I give up the computer I am using to type this, and then even the end of this blog. Until then, I'll be using it to keep reevaluating.

No comments:

Post a Comment