Monday, May 23

I'm such a prostitute

I started my summer job today. I am working with a company that buys, rehabs, and then sells houses. I'm rehabbing. It's manual labor and running errands to home depot. Exciting.

Actually, it is a little exciting. I kind of enjoy the idea that it's a blue collar job. I'll be learning skills that I can apply later. Well, today, I only scraped paint and cleared a fence of a massive growth of honeysuckle (both prep for painting). It's hard work- took all day. But it's nice to be physically tired for a change (as opposed to mentally). Hey, maybe I'll put on some muscle with all this manual labor. I need to pack bigger lunches.

The guys I worked with today were nice. This is their full time job. And it has been since they were preteens (only a slight exaggeration). Tim and John. Brothers. I spent the most time with Tim. He has six years experience in the construction industry. He looks (and acts- connect the dots) like he's about 23 years old. He's 17. I don't know how old John is. They're good at their jobs, and I will learn a lot from them.

(I wonder what they would think if they knew I was listening to Enya and blogging about my day. Their musical tastes are decidedly different from mine- gangsta rap and hard rock. This summer will be an education, I'm sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment