Friday, May 13

This is the last day of my education so far

Today was my last day of high school. Friday the 13th. It is a great day so far. I ate so much sugar today. And last night. Oh my gosh- so much sugar. We had two final project presentations in Greek today, and one of them was two of my good friends singing The Wall in Greek. So that has been in my head all day ("NO DARK SARCASM IN THE CLASSROOM, TEACHER LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE"). It was the theme song for my day. Quite glorious.

I eat lunch outside on the upper field (equivalent of a "quad"), and today we played a game we just made up yesterday. It's not very complicated: hacky sack with a raquetball. SO much fun (if you're hopped up on sugar already). I would describe it as migratory recreation. We went wherever the ball went. Oh, and I was in my barefeet for the game. So my feet are very black on bottom. It's awesome. I definitely want to toughen up my feet, go barefoot a lot more.

The end of the school day kind of sucked. There is a senior tradition called the Running of the Bills in which we run around the halls of school right before the final bell (some people choosing to trash the underclassmen lockers (who foolishly left them unlocked)). But my last teacher, Mr. Cummings (which is actually an appropriate name for a teacher in the phallically obsessed english department), would not let us out of the room. He's been a huge jerk about just about everything this year, so I was kind of expecting it. But I really hate that I let him put me in a bad mood on my last day of school/first day of freedom.

But now I'm looking forward with intense excitement to the merriment to ensue in just a few short hours. (Promenade, of course) I should go get ready. (Like wash my black feet) (and not my car)

No comments:

Post a Comment