Monday, May 1

In the rain

[my first shot at poetry independent from school ever. written earlier tonight in the margins of a notebook I was intent on brainstorming in. but the storming was not limited to my brain]

expand


artificial light
and panes of
glass
protect
me from
nature's fury
this night
bangs of thunder
pangs of conscience
what have we done
what the fuck
have we done
i want out
into the rain
and thunder
and danger
of it all
out of this shelter
this cocoon
this coffin
i want out
but I wait

and drink coffee
from a paper cup
with a plastic lid
who am I kidding
how could I
survive
let alone thrive?

I wait, yes
but it is purposeful
waiting for the right moment
to come back home
I wish that moment was
now
two weeks?
two months?
when will I be free?
I need to take a walk
in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment